DURANGO, Colo. (KRQE) – Several hot air balloons took flight over Durango this weekend. The Animas Valley Balloon Rally was held north of Durango.
Dozens of balloons, including some special shapes, participated in a staggered mass ascension. This year, there was a heavy focus on safety.
Balloonists work masks and had their temperature checked ahead of time. “Everyone was extremely good about making this rally safe, for not only the pilots and crew, but for anyone that was watching and wherever they landed,” said Balloon Meister Doug Lenburg.
Saturday night balloons will pop up for a glow at Durango businesses. There is also another staggered mass ascension scheduled for Sunday morning, however, it will be closed to the public.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve