EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — A toddler caught in a flooded Central El Paso home with her grandmother died from her injuries, according to an official with Operation Hope. On Thursday, a 65-year-old woman drowned in her central El Paso home after a living room wall in the home collapsed. Rainwater flooded the residence, pinning the grandmother and her grandchild.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Jueves 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
Initially, the toddler survived and was taken to a hospital with serious injuries. Neighbors had tried to assist the woman but were unable to do so.
Authorities have not released the names of the two. Perches Funeral Homes and Operation HOPE announced they will assist the family with funeral expenses at no charge, according to Angel Gomez with HOPE.