EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — A 21-year-old man died early Sunday morning in a shooting in the desert area near the Socorro Activities Complex in East El Paso. Five more people were seriously injured in the shooting.
Story continues below
- MASKS: CDC reverses course on indoor masks in some parts of US
- COVID: US is split between the vaccinated and unvaccinated – and deaths and hospitalizations reflect this divide
- EDUCATION: Mask guidance for upcoming New Mexico school year released
- UPCOMING: New Mexico 2021 Tax Free Holiday List
- EXPOSURE: Colorado monitoring 2 people after monkeypox exposure on flight
- WEATHER: Afternoon storm chances continue
According to the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, deputies were called to a shots fired incident in the area at about 3:17 am. They found several people who were injured in the shooting.
EPCSO’s Major Crimes Unit is currently on scene and the incident is under active investigation. No other information at this time.