(Show aired on July 12)
Even with the storms rolling in, the state is still experiencing a severe drought as a whole.
Due to the drought, water use has gone up.
Carlos Bustos from the Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority and Richard Chapman from Smart Use joined the KRQE Morning team to talk about how you can better conserve water.
Save Water in the Bathroom
- Install a high-efficiency toilet
- Check all faucets, pipes, and toilets periodically for leaks
- Install water-saving shower heads
- Take shorter showers
- Don’t use the toilet as a wastebasket
- Install faucet aerators
- Turn off the water while shaving, brushing teeth, etc.
Save Water in the Kitchen & Laundry
- Rinse efficiently
- Fill your dishwasher
- Defrost food in the refrigerator
- Select proper water level for laundry
For more information, click here.