The secret to maintaining your New Year’s resolution? Addition over subtraction

Mornings

So many Americans are setting New Year’s Resolutions.

The reality is that 80% of New Year’s resolutions will fail by February and the failure rate jumps up to 92% a few weeks later.

So if 92% of resolutions fail, what is it that the other 8% are doing right?

Jessika Brown, the Director of Nutrition at Dietitians ABQ works with clients on shifting perspective to what they are adding.

So many of the weight loss New Year’s resolutions are surrounded by diet elimination.

“I am going to cut our gluten.”

“I’m going to eliminate dairy or process carbs.”

While there can be benefits from any dietary change, Brown says the perspective is all wrong.

The 8 percent of people who successfully keep their New Year’s resolutions are looking at what they are adding to their diet and exercise routine, not what they are taking away.

Brown recommends working on adding food groups before taking others away.

For example, add fruits and veggies before you try to take out things like processed carbs or sugar.

For more information, click here.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video

Now Trending on KRQE.com

Video Forecast

Erica's Tuesday Morning Forecast

Thumbnail for the video titled "Erica's Tuesday Morning Forecast"
More Weather Video Forecast

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss