1. It will be a cold and wet start to our Monday as rain and snow showers continue to push northeast over the northern half of New Mexico.
Full Story: Kristen’s Monday Morning Forecast
2. Northern and eastern parts of the New Mexico is seeing a blast of winter weather. Angel Fire has been getting hit hard by snow since Sunday. The New Mexico Department of Transportation also says some roads in Santa Fe, Wagon Mound and Eagle Nest are dealing with difficult driving conditions in some spots.
Full Story: Winter blast moves across New Mexico
3. A special meeting is set for Albuquerque City Councilors as they look to secure a major deal to bring Netflix to the city. The Albuquerque Development Commission has approved giving Netflix $4.5 million to buy Albuquerque Studios. The deal has yet to be signed by the city. City councilors say before that can be done, they have to lock down the specifics on funding. That’s expected to be discussed during Thursday’s special meeting. It will also give the public a chance to weigh in.
4. More information is expected to be released Monday about an officer-involved shooting in Alamogordo. New Mexico State Police say they were involved. It happened Sunday at the White Sands RV Park south of the Walmart. Alamogordo’s Police Chief Brian Peete, says officers were responding to a shots fired call. The chief also says the suspect barricaded himself inside his home. NMSP sent out an alert via twitter saying they were assisting in the call when the unidentified suspect was shot. According to police, the suspect is suffering non-life threatening injuries.
Full Story: State Police involved in shooting in Alamogordo
5. Snow in New Mexico means great news for skiers and snowboarders. The state’s first major winter storm is helping ski resorts. Taos was seeing a good dose of snow with flurries coming down just before 4 a.m. Monday. Ski Santa Fe is also benefiting as snow fell in that area overnight aswell.
Morning’s Top Stories
- Sears files for Chapter 11 amid plunging sales, massive debt
- Report shows inmate-on-inmate violence on the rise in New Mexico
- Mural trolley tours show off street art, offer Albuquerque history lesson
- Hearings cover rules for hemp cultivation in New Mexico
- Clovis woman becomes an honorary firefighter
- White House, senators increase pressure over Saudi writer
- Prince Harry and Meghan expecting their 1st child in spring