1. A 15-year-old Albuquerque boy is arrested on his birthday on an open count of murder. Seven Long is also facing an aggravated battery charge. APD says Long and 23-year-old Matthew Delena are connected to a series of shootings across the city, one of them deadly. Police say the shootings started back in August where one man was shot dead, another shooting victim was left paralyzed. Delena is also facing a murder charge.
Full story: Teen suspect arrested in connection to shootings across Albuquerque
2. A former deputy charged for the death of his fellow lawman is out of jail. KRQE News 13 learned that former Santa Fe County deputy Tai Chan was released Tuesday night on a $25,000 bond. Chan has been tried twice for killing deputy Jeremy Martin in 2014, inside a Las Cruces hotel. He was set to got to trial for a third time, but last month a judge ruled the state made mistakes filing the case. Last week the Dona Ana County district attorney charged Chan with voluntary manslaughter. Chan’s preliminary hearing is now set for December 4th.
Full story: Tai Chan released on bond
3. A brief midweek warm up will get underway Wednesday with afternoon highs in the 50s and 0s.
Full story: Kristen’s Wednesday Morning Forecast
4. You will soon see an uptick in police presence in the uptown area. A 6-week police operation begins on Black Friday and runs through New Years Day to help deter crime and keep shoppers safe. Police are reminding shoppers to be extra careful with what they leave in their cars saying, thieves, not only steal presents, they also take things like insurance cards and left behind mail to get your personal information.
Full story: Albuquerque Police prep for Black Friday thieves
5. As Black Friday shoppers are continuing to look for where they can get the best savings, Animal Welfare services is hoping you add them to your list. Beginning on Black Friday and running through the weekend, adoption events are being held at Lucky Paws and Petsmart where adoption fees will be $5 adoption fees for any pet. That discounted rate carries through the weekend and will be available at all shelter locations across the metro.