1. The suspect who police say shot three co-workers in a workplace shooting was found dead Tuesday morning. This comes after police conducted a massive manhunt to find him. Officers found 30-year old Waid Anthony Melton dead in Placitas. Police say Melton is the man who walked into the Ben E. Keith Foods warehouse on Broadway south of Gibson and started shooting around 6:15 Monday evening. Investigators say, Melton, who was an employee, opened fire while about 20 employees were inside. Paramedics rushed at least three people to UNM Hospital who remain in critical condition. Melton does not seem to have a criminal record in New Mexico according to online court records. APD says they will have a press conference later Tuesday with more information on this incident.
2. The district attorney’s office is now reviewing a deadly shooting that happened on Albuquerque’s west side. APD says officers were originally responding to a domestic violence call at the Aspen Apartments on Eagle Ranch near Irving but that the call escalated when a woman reported someone being shot. When officers arrived on the scene, they say her ex-boyfriend was dead. The woman and another unidentified man were taken in for questioning. APD says they have both since been released.
Full story: Police investigate shooting at NW Albuquerque apartment complex
3. A brutally cold start to the day with Tuesday morning temperatures in the single digits, teens and 20s for most.
Full story: Kristen’s Tuesday Morning Forecast
4. Bernalillo County commissioners are scheduled to discuss several initiatives dealing with behavioral health issues. They’re also working to approve a partnership between the county and UNM Hospital. Something residents have been asking for for decade. It’s designed help people find services when having a crisis. Commissioners also plan to work with community organizations and law enforcement agencies to help tackle these issues. Commissioners are setting aside $3 million for the initiative.
5. The UNM Lobos men’s basketball team is getting ready for their regular season home opener today against the Iona Gaels. Just like the Lobos, the Gaels are 1-0. Tip-off is at 7 p.m. at Dreamstyle Arena. The game will be streamed online on the Mountain West Network.
Full story: Lobo men’s basketball is ready for home opener
Top Morning Stories