1. An officer in Angel Fire is on administrative leave after a deadly officer-involved shooting. Investigators say the officer responded to a house fire on Mountain Lake Terrace Sunday morning. When the officer arrived on the scene he encountered a man with a knife. During the encounter, the officer discharged his weapon, killing the man. New Mexico State Police are investigation both the shooting and the fire.
2. An Albuquerque couple is moving forward with legal action against Southwest Airlines over the flight that left a woman dead. According to the Santa Fe New Mexican, Kevin and Andrea Nelson are seeking damages from Southwest Airlines, Boeing and the engine manufacturer in connection to the April 2018 flight. On that flight, the engine blew sending shrapnel into the window next to Albuquerque resident Jennifer Riordan which killed her. Officials say eight other passengers are filing lawsuits.
3. A mostly quiet start to the day with the only concern being developing fog in northeast New Mexico. Morning temperatures in the 40s, 50s and low 60s will warm well into the 70s, 80s and 90s across the state late day.
Full Story: Kristen’s Monday Morning Forecast
4. An Albuquerque strip mall is stepping up security after they became the latest victims of the continuing crime problem. The owner of “On The Rise” says the thieves stole something that means more than money. Early Saturday morning crooks struck the balloon supply store on Eubank near Constitution. Surveillance videos show two people stealing from the shop, taking a sentimental letter opener that belonged to the shop owner’s father.
5. New Mexico United is celebrating two big moments. First, the team won 3-0. Second, for the first time this season they had a sold-out crowd. Just over 15,000 fans packed Isotopes Park to watch United take on San Antonio.
Morning’s Top Stories
- New Mexico officers learn new ways to investigate animal cruelty cases
- Seven New Mexico counties file new suit against Purdue Pharma
- Michael Cohen heads to prison in Trump hush-money scheme
- UNM students create sustainable fashion line
- Lobo baseball player fatally shot in Nob Hill, suspect at large
- Albuquerque family transforms hobby into butterfly farm business
- Construction to close Gold Ave between Broadway and Arno
- FAA: Plane carrying 2 crashes near Santa Rosa
- 2 million pounds of PF Chang frozen dinners recalled due to allergen risk