1. Three of the four airmen who officials say were involved in a deadly crash are in the hospital. They are accused of hitting and killing a pedestrian woman. Police say they will examine the black box from the car to look into how fast they were going. The crash happened at around 7:30 p.m. Saturday night at Louisiana and Ross. Police say the car the airmen were in, went to pass another vehicle, then hit the woman in the intersection and crashed into an apartment complex. There’s no word on the identity of the airmen or the woman.
2. As kids get on the bus Monday morning, bus drivers in Belen are now adding cameras to the outside of two of their school buses. One school official says they hope these new outside cameras will help them see who’s not following the law. Under current state law, drivers who don’t stop for a school bus stop sign could be fined a $100. This past session, lawmakers considered a bill to raise the fine to $300 and make these cameras mandatory on all school buses.
3. A beautiful start to the work week with afternoon highs in the 60s and 70s under a mostly sunny sky. High-pressure building over the area will keep the weather quiet Monday.
Full Story: Kristen’s Monday Morning Forecast
4. A new app developed by an Albuquerque man is almost finished and could help people on their journey to sobriety. Marc Schmallen has been sober for three years. After living on the streets, he created a progress board to help him stay organized on his road to recovery. The app includes several features to help people keep track of appointments, and keep probation officers in the loop. He’s hoping for a soft launch this summer.
5. The Albuquerque Isotopes are taking on the Colorado Rockies at Isotopes Park Monday. You can still catch the game, Berm tickets are on sale for the exhibition game. Gates to Isotopes Park will open at 11 a.m. and the first pitch is slated for 1:05 p.m.
Morning’s Top Stories
- Los Lunas boy representing New Mexico as Nothing Down’s newest ambassador
- Grave of victim killed in crash caused by fleeing suspects vandalized
- Balloon Fiesta proposes 50th anniversary postage stamp
- Sunland Park Police search for missing woman
- More trees are dying in New Mexico forests
- Suspect in deadly crash expected in court for separate case
- Governor has yet to sign Election Day voter registration bill
- California grower recalls avocados over possible listeria
- Mueller report details emerge, but few see fight as over
- Military IDs 2 US service members killed in Afghanistan
- American Airlines extends 737 Max-related cancellations