1. The first day of spring will not feel like spring for eastern New Mexico. A backdoor cold front has moved into central New Mexico which will keep temperatures in the 50s.
Full story: Christopher’s Wednesday Morning Forecast
2. An Albuquerque teen accused of murdering a 15-year-old boy is expected to face a judge on a murder charge tomorrow. Police say 17-year-old Russell Spencer, 19-year-old Scott Spencer and two other juveniles lured Evyn Scott into a car last Thursday. They drove out to the east mountains that’s where police say Russell shot Evyn, killing him then left his body near a golf course.
3. An Albuquerque business is recovering from a damaging break-in. Steve McCampbell owns Fat Tire Cycles bike shop near Montaño and Edith. Deputies say LyleTodd drove a stolen box truck through McCampbell’s shop then tried to steal bmx bikes. Lyle Roberts was caught on camera and arrested. McCampbell now invested in massive rock barriers and steel posts around his store.
4. A local man is taking on a national challenge and he’s calling on fellow New Mexicans to do the same. People are picking up trash from roads, parks and other places filled with trash, then sharing before-and-after photos online. Joshua Cales spent about three and a half hours cleaning up an area near Montano and I-25 then shared pictures on social media of what the area looked like after. To take part, post your before and after pictures using the hashtag #trashtag challenge.
5. New Mexico United is taking on Tulsa Wednesday night in Albuquerque. This is the second home game for United.Their first two games have resulted in draws, kick off is scheduled for 7 p.m. at Isotopes Park.
Full story: New Mexico United plays Tulsa Roughnecks