Groundhog Job Shadow Week will be held February 4th through the 8th.
It’s a partnership between United Way of Central New Mexico/Mission: Graduate and Junior Achievement.
It provides a real-world glimpse for students to gain insight into the working world.
This year 895 students from 15 high schools – mostly JAG and AVID, will go on “job shadow” visits at 27 employer sites.
In 2018, 325 students from nine high schools shadowed employees at 15 businesses.
The goal of this partnership is to accomplish the following:
- Provide career research and preparation
- Job-hunting tools
- Professionalism and ethics in the workplace
- Professional action plans
- Example of a site visit:
- Students will be welcomed, given a brief overview of the company
- Participate in an ethics presentation delivered by an HR professional
- Tour of building with presentation on the functions of each organization
- Participate in mock interviews
- Lunch with staff
- Participate in networking activity
For more information, click here.