1. More details are expected Friday relating an officer-involved shooting in Bosque Farms. Bosque Farms Police Department arrested two suspects after a police chase involving a stolen vehicle came to an end in Los Lunas. The victim of the stolen car says the suspects fired shots at them while they were following behind. Bosque Farms Police says no one was struck by gunfire and no officers were injured.
2. The process will soon begin to find a replacement for the district court judge who was recently arrested for DWI. Family court judge Deborah Walker announced her plan to retire. The move comes after her arrest and following a growing petition from residents calling for her to step down. No word on if the petition played any role in her decision. Walker’s attorney released a statement saying in part, “Judge Walker appreciated the seriousness of the allegations and immediately notified the chief judge of her intent to retire.” She served on the bench for nearly 25 years.
3. Cloud cover will linger over the southern part of the state Friday producing a few, quick showers along high terrain.
Full story: Connor’s Friday Morning Forecast
4. The first vote is expected to be held on Senate Bill 8, the gun control bill aimed at requiring background checks on all private firearm sales. Another vote is expected to be held on Senate Bill 20 which would give people the option to pick their gender on their birth certificate without having to prove they’ve gone through gender transformation surgery.
5. Annie, a little shelter kitten with a rare heart condition is doing well after successful surgery. Her story garnered so much attention and donations that animal welfare officials say $1,000 is now going toward helping this dog get a cart so she’s able to walk again. Officials says Jeena was brought to the shelter after being struck by a car, losing the use of both hind legs.