1. I-25 southbound at Montano has been reopened following a fatal pedestrian crash. The crash happened just after 10 p.m. on Monday and the victim died on scene. Albuquerque Police are currently investigating what may have caused the crash. Information is very limited at this time. If you know anything you’re asked to call the police.
Full Story: APD: Pedestrian hit, killed on I-25 at Montano
2. The defense team’s first witness in the Davon Lymon murder trial may take the stand Tuesday. The prosecution is now wrapping up their witness testimony with only a few left. Monday, a witness who said he just wanted to forget what he saw that night — testified that he was in his car, watching the arrest. He also said there may have been excessive force used. That could be key for the defense’s argument. Lymon’s attorneys claim that he shot Officer Webster in self-defense. Lymon is expected to take the stand later this week.
3. A warm but windy day on tap for New Mexico. Strong west/southwest winds will reach 15-25mph with gusts between 30-45mph. These strong winds combined with dry conditions will raise fire concerns across New Mexico.
Full Story: Kristen’s Tuesday Morning Forecast
4. Dash cams for deputies and a tiny home village to help the homeless are one step closer to becoming reality. The Bernalillo County Commissioners are scheduled to meet Tuesday and vote on approving the county’s general fund budget. The budget for the fiscal year 2020 is more than $300 million. If it passes it would fund dash cameras for sheriff’s deputies and temporary housing for people transitioning from homelessness. It will also increase money for neighborhood outreach programs.
5. The University of Virginia Cavaliers is waking up winners and making history. The Cavs took on Texas Tech Red Raiders Monday night and both teams were playing for the title for the first time ever. The game tied up at the end, forcing overtime. In the end, Virginia would come out on top beating the Red Raiders 85 to 77. This is the first NCAA title for the Virginia Cavaliers.
Morning’s Top Stories
- Man killed in shooting on Albuquerque’s westside
- Two people killed in plane crash north of Santa Fe airport
- Data shows record-breaking number of New Mexicans using medical marijuana
- Thousands of archaeologists coming to Albuquerque to explore, present research
- Santa Fe could get solar powered, self-compacting trash cans
- New Mexico lawmakers to introduce Chaco Cultural Heritage Protection Act
- Animatronic Bisti Beast, upgrades coming to state museum
- Crews begin road cleanup ahead of Chimayo pilgrimage
- Barr faces Congress as he readies Mueller report for release
- IRS commissioner to face lawmakers on Trump tax returns