1. The Valencia County Sheriff’s Office has issued an Amber Alert for a 6-year-old boy last seen near Belen. Deputies say Freddie Drake is 4-foot and weighs 37 pounds with short blonde hair and blue eyes. He was last seen with Arlene Drake. Investigators believed she is driving a 2004 silver Ford Mustang with a black chile license plate with the number AKMF23. The two were last seen on Highway 47 and Jemez Road in Belen.
2. A shooting in northwest Albuquerque has left one man dead. A woman is also in the hospital recovering from injuries from the same scene. Police say just after midnight officers responded to a neighborhood off Universe and McMahon where the pair was found shot. The man was rushed to UNM Hospital where he later died. The woman’s injuries have been deemed non-life threatening.
Full Story: Man dead after northwest Albuquerque shooting
3. An incoming storm combining with a cold front will give us active weather to kick off the new work week. This slow-moving low-pressure system will bring in a plentiful lift and moisture for scattered to widespread showers, thunderstorms and high mountain snow Monday afternoon through Tuesday.
Full Story: Kristen’s Monday Morning Forecast
4. The city of Albuquerque is asking for help preparing for asylum seekers. Mayor Tim Keller says volunteers have already helped a few migrants each day with food and shelter. However, Keller says if he has to, city funds could be used. He hopes enough donations will avoid that. The mayor will meet with other mayors and the governor to work on a plan to address the influx of migrants in the state.
5. Crews at New Mexico’s Museum of Natural History and Science are set to begin taking down Stan the T-Rex. Stan has sat in the entryway of the museum since 2007. He will now be taken down and moved a Farmington museum until May 2020. Once he’s moved out the new animatronic Bisti Beast exhibit is set to open in May.
Full Story: NM History Museum says goodbye to resident T-Rex
Morning’s Top Stories
- Man found dead in southeast Albuquerque intersection
- A Catholic town at the center of Sri Lanka’s deadly attacks
- Armed border group member arrested faced similar charges in 2006
- Cleanup continues for Kirtland Air Force Base spill
- University of New Mexico revamps film program amid demand
- Albuquerque pool mural project teaching kids about art, community
- New Mexico hidden gem said to have healing powers
- ABQ Ride free on Earth Day