1. Deep moisture combined with a variety of storm systems will keep showers going across New Mexico through the day Friday. Snow levels will be low for this time of year. We should see snow above 7000 feet in the northern mountains. In the high mountains, 6 to 12 inches of snow is likely by Friday. More showers will Fire over the weekend.
Full Story: Mark’s Thursday Evening Forecast
2. A two-time convicted sex offender who went on the run while awaiting sentencing has been caught by authorities. Benny Valenzuela was picked up by U.S. Marshals in Albuquerque and has been transported to the Valencia County Detention Center.
3. Just two days after he was sentenced to life without parole, convicted cop killer Davon Lymon appeared back in court where more time was added to his sentence.
4. New video shows the intense moments leading up to a deadly police shooting in Clovis that was later ruled justified. The lapel video from Clovis Police Officer Brent Aguilar shows the situation escalating in seconds.
5. Dominic Rougemont was behind the wheel and fleeing from police in October 2017 when he ran into another vehicle at Eubank and Menaul. D’Markus Blea, 23, was killed. Thursday in court, Rougemont pleaded guilty to four charges, including vehicular homicide and armed robbery.
The Evening’s Top Stories:
- Presbyterian plans to build four new healthcare facilities in Albuquerque
- New Mexico land boss concerned about border wall work
- New Mexico demands closure of Air Force lake
- Rio Rancho asks for more data before approving new cell tower
- Saint’s once-beating heart stops in Albuquerque during nationwide tour
- NM United fan creates renderings, suggestions for future stadium
- Former CIA officer Valerie Plame announces run for Congress
- Albuquerque celebrates Small Business Week with new initiatives
- NM Lottery launches First Powerball Millionaire of the Year contest