1. The search is still on for the person who shot and killed a UNM baseball player in Nob Hill over the weekend. Monday, his teammates remembered him.
2. A weakening storm system will pass through New Mexico on Tuesday spreading spot showers across the west. A powerful cold front and another storm system will move in late in the week.
Full Story: Mark’s Monday Evening Forecast
3. A young Santa Fe man is among those killed when a Russian plane caught fire during an emergency landing.
4. Voters said “no” to Albuquerque Public School’s request for more money earlier this year, so the district went back to the drawing board. Now, officials hope they’ve narrowed it down enough to finally get the funding they need.
5. Monday night, Albuquerque city councilors will discuss the possibility of spending more money on humanitarian aid for asylum seekers.
The Evening’s Top Stories:
- Rio Rancho residents upset with proposed cell tower
- City looks to boost numbers at westside homeless shelter
- Lea County law enforcement asks for help locating sex offender
- $1000 reward offered to help locate teen shooting suspect
- Santa Fe mayor cuts down on water usage
- Paleontologist finds mini dinosaur in western New Mexico
- Construction to close Gold Ave between Broadway and Arno
- Spring Diaper Drive kicks off in Albuquerque
- Two New Mexico kids recognized for volunteer work