1. A former New Mexico sheriff turned judge is now charged with stealing from the department he oversaw. Thursday, Heath White was hit with seven charges. Most of those are felony charges.
2. Central and western areas of the state will be largely dry through the weekend with mostly sunny skies and highs in the low 80s. Across the east, the Gulf of Mexico will push in moisture and support scattered showers
Full Story: Mark’s Thursday Evening Forecast
3. One of the teens who was given probation after taking part in a high profile murder and robbery is now accused of another shooting and robbery.
4. Santa Fe police are now linking a teen suspected of shooting his mother’s boyfriend to two other recent shootings.
5. Police are searching for a suspect involved in a fatal stabbing in downtown Albuquerque. Authorities recovered surveillance video of the incident in the area of Third Street and Gold Ave. Anyone who saw the altercation or anyone with information on this case is asked to call police.
The Evening’s Top Stories:
- Should GPS ankle monitors count toward time behind bars?
- Proposal calls for 10 new bike cops on Central in ART corridor
- State announces initiative to ensure workers are paid properly
- Guadalupe Street banners sparking controversy in Santa Fe
- Otero County votes against using resources to help asylum seekers
- Barr skips House hearing; Pelosi accuses him of lying
- Mustang Camp takes in over 50 Placitas herd mustangs
- APS considering app to track school buses
- Four city outdoors pools set to open ahead of Memorial Day weekend
- ‘Lawn Love’ app launches in Albuquerque