NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Cannabis company, Ultra Health says it’s close to opening the nation’s largest production and manufacturing campus in southern New Mexico. They recently purchased a 225,000-square foot facility and 95 acres in Alamogordo which used to be a commercial bakery. It will be used for production, warehousing and cannabis research.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
According to a news release, Ultra Health will be pursuing a research license from the Drug Enforcement Agency to conduct cannabis cultivation research and development activities on the campus. It also states that Ultra Health owns 445 acres of land in southern New Mexico, as well as 1,750 total acre-feet of water to support cultivation activities.