NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The rules for cannabis production in New Mexico went into effect Tuesday. The rules lay out the process of producing cannabis for adult use including plant county which is capped at 10,000 plants for a licensed grower. They also have requirements to prevent a shortage of medical cannabis.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Albuquerque man vandalized brewery; tries to escape with meat and cheese
- Don’t Miss: Riders say transit system needs better schedule, more routes as free fares begin
- Education: Some New Mexico schools named National Blue Ribbon School
- National: La Plata County man caught after escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Martes 21 de Septiembre 2021
The Cannabis Control Division will begin accepting license applications for recreational marijuana later this week. Rules for retailers are still in the works, it all must be finalized by the start of next year. Cannabis sales will start no later than April 1.