Another bomb blows up this time near San Antonio and authorities believe its linked to the recent bombings in Austin. According to CBS News, authorities say that a package was addressed to Austin but blew up early Tuesday at a FedEx facility just northeast of San Antonio. The FBI tells CBS News multiple agents and local law enforcement are on-scene. The agency couldn’t confirm reports that the package may have contained nails and shrapnel. Austin police are still investigating four recent bomb explosions that’s left several dead or injured.
2. A fourth homicide in four days is the reason a northeast Albuquerque Smith’s was put on lockdown. APD says officers responded to a shots fired call in the area of Constitution and Carlisle around 11 p.m. They would soon tape off the area forcing Smith’s employees to stay inside. Police say they did find a body near the shopping center it is still unclear who the victim is or how they died.
3. High pressure sliding over the state with help warm temperatures near to above average over the next several afternoons.
Full story: Kristen’s Tuesday Morning Forecast
4. An Albuquerque city councilor is calling for a study to see if her new idea to help alleviate traffic on a narrow stretch of Paseo Del Norte could work. That part of Paseo, west of Kimmick, near Unser, is one lane in each direction. Volcano Vista High School and Ventana Ranch are nearby and funnel onto the road. Councilor Cynthia Borrego is asking the city to look at making the dirt median into a “reversible driving lane.” It could mean an extra lane that will flow eastbound for morning traffic then that lane would shift westbound during the evenings.
5. Police officers are expecting to gather for safety training in honor of Bernalillo County Deputy James McGrane Junior. It comes just two days before the 12th anniversary of when McGrane Junior was gunned down during a traffic stop. The course teaches officers life-saving tactics and was created by the fallen deputies parents.
Full story: Police begin Officer Street Survival Training
Top Morning Stories
- Scandal-hit Weinstein Co. files for bankruptcy protection
- Claire’s jewelry chain files for bankruptcy
- Suspect in fatal RV crash to be sentenced in other case
- Crews repair water main break in Rio Rancho
- City council to discuss law prohibiting cars from parking in bike lanes
- Police search for pair of robbers targeting Albuquerque stores