1. The man accused of trying to kidnap women and school kids remains behind bars in MDC this morning. Police are now asking any more potential victims to come forward. APD says 25-year-old James Carter is accused in three attempted kidnappings happening within the last week. Police say in the latest incident, Carter is accused of attacking a 14-year-old girl walking home from school by grabbing her in a “choke hold” and dragging her back to his car. Police say drivers who witnessed it saved the girl but were able to give police his license plate number. Police say they have tied Carter to two more attempted kidnappings involving a 17-year-old girl in the Foothills out for a jog and a 52-year old woman out for a run along Tramway near Copper. He is facing several charges including kidnapping.
Read the full story: Police arrest man accused of trying to kidnap teen walking home from school
2. Teen killer Nehemiah Griego is waking up behind bars, this time at an adult jail. Griego killed his parents and younger siblings in 2013. He was sentenced as a juvenile and was supposed to be released on his 21st birthday, which is Tuesday. However, after a recent Court of Appeals ruling, District Judge Michael Martinez ruled yesterday Griego should stay at MDC until that hearing to re-evaluate his sentence. The judge cites recent alleged threats against officers and other inmates by Griego. Griego’s attorney argued he would be in danger at MDC.
Read the full story: Teen killer Nehemiah Griego to remain behind bars at MDC
3. Although winds will not be nearly as awful as what ripped across the state Thursday, windy conditions will still be found in areas east of the Central Mountains on Friday afternoon (25-35 mph / gusting to 60mph). Lighter winds will be felt within central and western NM (10-20 mph).
Read the full story: Kristen’s Friday Morning Forecast
4. Uber will be offering low cost or free rides over the Saint Patrick’s Day Weekend.The rides will be available beginning at 4 p.m. and will last through Sunday At 4 a.m. You will have to enter the code ABQGREEN18. Bernalillo County has contributed $55,000 from a liquor excise tax. The County Will Cover Up To $10 Per Ride In Albuquerque.
Read the full story: Uber to offer free rides over Saint Patrick’s Day weekend
5. Number twelve New Mexico State Aggies are in San Diego this morning preparing to take on five-seed Clemson. The Aggies defeated GCU to win the WAC Conference Title, giving them an automatic bid into the NCAA tournament. NMSU fans are optimistic they can pull off the win with the new coach at the helm. Even former president Barack Obama has The Aggies beating Clemson on his bracket. Tonight’s game tips off At 8:57 p.m. The game will be broadcast on TruTV.
Read the full story: Aggies get ready for first round of NCAA Tournament