Mariah Ferry was sentenced Friday after pleading guilty to abducting and beating the two men. In 2017, Ferry, Chase Smotherman, and Jose Torrez were accused of abducting Jon Soyka and another man, after the men broke into Smotherman’s home stealing marijuana and cash.
Soyka’s body was later found in a shallow grave just outside the city. The sentence is ten short of 40 years the U.S. attorney was asking for.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve