In this extended interview with Chris McKee, Larry Barker provides the background to combing through thousands of records, not online, not digitized but stored on paper at a county warehouse on South Broadway. These records, original deeds, hold Albuquerque’s dirty little secret, racially restrictive covenants.
New Mexico State Historian – Rob Martinez
New Mexico State Historian Rob Martinez discusses his reaction to racial covenants found on original deeds throughout Albuquerque.
Dr. Michael Jones-Correa
Dr. Michael Jones-Correa discusses the background on the history of racial covenants.
- Larry Barker & Dick Knipfing discuss ‘most bizarre’ Barker investigations
- WATCH: The Most Bizarre Larry Barker Investigations
- Commissioners work to remove racial language from property deeds
- New developments in the dramatic prison riot caught on video
- Tragic accident or reckless crime?
- PHOTOS: A glimpse of life during the 20s to 40s in Albuquerque, NM
- DATABASE: Racial Covenants
- MAP: Racial Covenants
- EXTENDED INTERVIEWS: Historians and Larry Barker on Restrictive Covenants
- Albuquerque’s dirty little secret