1. By the look of Wednesday’s surveillance video of a firework explosion in Roswell, it’s hard to believe anyone survived, but KRQE News 13 is learning the two firefighters critically injured in the incident are doing better.
Full Story: Investigation into Roswell explosion continues
2. Several new qualifying conditions for the state’s medical cannabis program are now approved. One of those new qualifying conditions is for opioid addiction.
Full Story: New Mexico expands medical marijuana program
3. High pressure will build into the southwest over the next two days. The result will be warm temps and sunny skies. Albuquerque will likely hit 90° for the first time this spring on Friday and Saturday.
Full Story: Mark’s Thursday Evening Forecast
4. Police have issued a warrant for a woman they now believe played a key role in a recent officer-involved shooting. They say Cynthia Franco was with Daniel Franco when he fled from police on May 16.
5. A shocking discovery was made Thursday morning by some people who work at an Albuquerque business center: boxes upon boxes of un-redacted, old tax records for various people and entities.
The Evening’s Top Stories:
- Video: Motorcyclists vandalize new rainbow crosswalk in Nob Hill
- D-Day 75: Nations honor veterans, memory of fallen troops
- Red Cross looking for volunteers to help out in northern New Mexico
- Meow Wolf begins live streaming artists at work
- New building expands Air Force space research capabilities
- New Mexico ranchers fighting construction of major transmission line
- Nintendo Switch Road Trip to make a stop at New Mexico State Fair
- ‘Gone Fishing’ program donates thousands of rods to local children