The judge in the Nehemiah Griego case has recused himself.
A spokesperson with the district attorney’s office says for allegedly talking to a witness without lawyers present.
Testimony continued Friday morning before the judge recused himself.
Now, this case could have a third amenability hearing for one of New Mexico’s most notorious teen killers.
Months ago, the court of appeals reversed the decision to release Griego at the age of 21 which brought this case back to children’s court this week to re-do the amenability hearing.
Judge John Romero was supposed to decide of Griego has been rehabilitated enough for release or be sentenced as an adult and go to prison.
- Nehemiah Griego’s sisters ask judge to keep him locked up
- CYFD workers testify in Nehemiah Griego’s amenability hearings
- Hearing underway for man who killed family members as a teen
- Disagreement over what’s heard in Nehemiah Griego’s public hearing
- Police report: Nehemiah Griego investigated for sex crime while at MDC