Grease fire damages Portales home


PORTALES, N.M. (KRQE) – A home in eastern New Mexico was badly damaged after a grease fire.

It happened Thursday on South Avenue J near West 3rd in Portales.

When the fire department arrived on-scene, smoke and flames were coming out of the windows and door.

“The occupant says she was trying to cook an eggroll on top of the stove and left the grease there and it probably flamed up,” said Portales Fire Marshal Mike Inge.

The woman’s husband was transported to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

________________Send a Breaking News TipReport an error or typoLearn about the KRQE apps

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video

Now Trending on

Video Forecast

Erica's Monday Morning Forecast

More Weather Video Forecast
Albuquerque Hourly Forecast

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss