NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – A former Rio Arriba County deputy is accused of fighting with an employee at a Chimayo Family Dollar.
Court documents show state police arrested Joseph Aquino for pushing the employee and arresting him for disorderly conduct last year. Aquino reportedly told investigators he felt threatened because of the way the worker looked at him.
Police say Aquino had no lawful authority for the arrest. He is now charged with battery and false imprisonment.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- COVID-19 case by state, global statistics, maps
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites