Evacuation lifted at Chaparral Elementary after reports of smoke

police-lights_185123

Students at Chaparral Elementary School are returning to class after being evacuated due to reports of smoke.

According to Albuquerque Public Schools, there were reports of smoke coming from the school’s computer lab on Thursday morning around 10:23 a.m.

Albuquerque police and Albuquerque Fire Rescue crews responded to the school and found that the smoke was caused by a malfunctioning air conditioner. AFR gave the “all-clear” around 10:57 a.m.

There is no other information at this time. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Enter to Win

Don't Miss