LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – Las Cruces Public Schools is working to finalize enrollment for students opting for virtual learning. The school district has more than 600 additional students interested in its virtual learning academy since publicly announcing its indoor masking policy.
Story continues below:
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- Web Extra: Behind the story: Colorado’s legal cannabis & the effect on teens
- Trending: Corrales residents say loud music from bar is carrying over to their neighborhood
- Crime: APD arrests suspect in string of armed robberies
- Don’t Miss: State extends indoor mask requirement
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 16 de Septiembre 2021
As of Friday, there were about 850 students interested in the program. Officials say they’re still working on contacting parents. School starts for students on August 9, but district officials say students enrolled later in the week will not be penalized.