ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – UNM researchers say they’ve completed thousands of years’ worth of research in just four years. Hua Guo and his research team work in computational chemistry, which allows researchers to initiate chemical reactions on computers rather than in real life.
Story continues below
- Trending: Albuquerque Police: Suspect detained in murder of Muslim men
- Albuquerque: Over 200 stranded overnight on top of tram after storm cuts power
- New Mexico: New Mexico cannabis sales set new summer record
- Crime: Prosecutors rush to keep accused parade-crasher in jail until trial
- KRQE En Español: Lunes 8 de Agosto 2022
The study allows them to research potentially dangerous chemical reactions without needing special lab equipment. Guo’s team has helped research chemical reactions both on earth and in space.
They say the research they did on UNM Center for Advanced Research computing systems would have taken more than 7,200 years to do on a single laptop.