RIO RANCHO, N.M. (KRQE) – Some Rio Rancho school kids will not be happy to hear this but the district is extending the school year by ten days. The district says the board of education approved a 192 days instructional calendar and the PED has not approved it. That means the last day of school will be June 7.
They say the longer year will not impact graduation dates for seniors. Officials say this is not pandemic related. Last year, the state gave districts the option to extend the school year to provide more instruction. 15 Albuquerque Public Schools did it but Rio Rancho is doing it district-wide.
Latest Education News
- Picacho Middle School to close temporarily after staff member tests positive for COVID-19
- APS seeking input on proposed 2021-2022 calendar
- Rio Grande High School students find creative ways to give back to community
- PED workshops available to parents
- New Mexico Tech closes campus Monday after students defy health order