LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – A New Mexico State University professor who refused to get the COVID-19 vaccine or wear a mask is no longer employed with the university. New Mexico State officials tell KRQE School of Law Professor David Clements is no longer employed at the school.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque speed cameras ordinance signed into law
- Politics: Albuquerque mayoral candidate accused of violating FCC provisions
- Weather: Milder, sunny Saturday on tap
- Crime: Video shows alarming behavior of security guards towards customer
- Español: KRQE En Español: Viernes 15 de Octubre 2021
Clements also posted on social media saying he had been fired. The university required COVID-19 vaccinations or testing for all employees. Clements was placed on leave after a video of him surfaced on the first week of class telling students he would not comply with the directive.