NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The New Mexico Public Education Department teamed up with McDonald’s to give kids books. As part of the state’s ‘Year of Literacy’ students were given a book written in both English and Spanish by Albuquerque author Cameron Bourg who then read to them.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque speed cameras ordinance signed into law
- Politics: Albuquerque mayoral candidate accused of violating FCC provisions
- Weather: Milder, sunny Saturday on tap
- Crime: Video shows alarming behavior of security guards towards customer
- Español: KRQE En Español: Viernes 15 de Octubre 2021
The partnership aims to build lifelong readers. “All of us can think back to the feeling we had when we learned how to read and we want to instill that on all our children so they become the very best readers they can be,” said Bourg.
The state plans to continue the program next year.