LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – A New Mexico State University English professor is going to Ireland to research race, immigration and sports. Rus Bradburd was a basketball coach at the University of Texas at El Paso and NMSU.
Story continues below
- New Mexico: Murder suspect from New York arrested near Edgewood
- Politics: Albuquerque mayoral candidate accused of violating FCC provisions
- Weather: Breezy, cool Friday ahead
- Crime: Shoplifter hits Target stores 20+ times, taking thousands in goods
- Español: KRQE En Español: Jueves 14 de Octubre 2021
He is now an English professor at NMSU and his research has focused on how sports can facilitate social changes. Bradburd recently received a Fulbright scholarship award. He will spend the 2022 spring semester at Queen’s University in Ireland, teaching and writing.
He will also spend the semester interviewing minority athletes and immigrant refugees from predominantly white sports to understand their views.