LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – A New Mexico State University English professor is going to Ireland to research race, immigration and sports. Rus Bradburd was a basketball coach at the University of Texas at El Paso and NMSU.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Jueves 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
He is now an English professor at NMSU and his research has focused on how sports can facilitate social changes. Bradburd recently received a Fulbright scholarship award. He will spend the 2022 spring semester at Queen’s University in Ireland, teaching and writing.
He will also spend the semester interviewing minority athletes and immigrant refugees from predominantly white sports to understand their views.