LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – New Mexico State University is once again getting a renewed grant from the US Department of Energy to keep studying particles that form protons and neurons. The renewed grant for NMSU is $1.26 million.
Story continues below
- Crime: Serial robbery suspect arrested, accused in fatal Española Blake’s Lotaburger shooting
- Entertainment: Multi-level go-kart track could come to lot of old water park in Albuquerque
- KRQE En Español: Miercoles 17 de Agosto 2022
- Sports: Vote in Week 1 of the Spirit Stick
- Community: Former UNM student receives prestigious Red Cross volunteer award
Officials say this research is necessary for technological advancement to better understand how particles behave and interact. Researchers say the study can even help advance medical equipment.