NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The New Mexico Higher Education Department says it’s going to evaluate how it funds colleges and universities. The department announced that a group will meet later this month to examine the department’s funding formula.
Story continues below:
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- Web Extra: Behind the story: Colorado’s legal cannabis & the effect on teens
- Trending: Corrales residents say loud music from bar is carrying over to their neighborhood
- Crime: APD arrests suspect in string of armed robberies
- Don’t Miss: State extends indoor mask requirement
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 15 de Septiembre 2021
The formula uses several factors to determine how much annual funding each school gets. Factors include the number of degrees awarded as well as serving at-risk populations. The goal is to find out if the state’s resources are supporting current workforce needs.