BELEN, N.M. (KRQE) – Administration from Belen Middle School are speaking out regarding an incident that took place at their winter ball on Thursday night. According to a post from BMS Principal Tanyia Montoya on the school’s website, students reported an individual dressed in black tried to enter the building.
The individual reportedly was dressed in black and may have had a gun. BMS administration state they informed the Belen Police Department about the reports and authorities performed an investigation which included going through hours of surveillance footage.
Story continues below
- COVID: First COVID, then hair loss?
- KRQE En Español: Martes 25 de Enero 2022
- Trending: Recreational cannabis industry may be off to bumpy start
- National: OSHA officially ends vaccine rule for employers
- Business: Smith’s workers threaten to strike if no deal is reached
BMS states that authorities determined that the individual was a student who was suspended from the school and was not allowed to attend the dance. The footage reportedly shows the individual trying to have students open the door to let him in.
Additionally, there was another claim that there was a gun hidden in the girls’ restroom. School officials say that restroom was thoroughly searched and no weapon was found.