ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Kids took to the court in Albuquerque on Saturday for a free summer basketball clinic. The Sweat Box Basketball partnered with the Jewish Community Center of Greater Albuquerque for the event.
Story continues below:
- Jobs: City of Albuquerque still trying to fill vacancies; hiring bonuses continue
- Vaccine: Vaccination deadline looms for NM university students, faculty, and staff
- Education: APS seeing a rise in violence and bad behavior among students
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
About 250 kids, between the ages of six and 16, learned basic drills from coaches and former athletes. One organizer said the day was about giving back to the community.
“Sometimes just having this opportunity could change one kid’s life. There’s no secret to this magic, just come out and we’ll give you everything we got just so you can have a chance at a better future,” said Sage Badweather from The Sweat Box.
Organizers hope to hold more events like this in the future.