ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Albuquerque Public Schools Board approved next year’s calendar. The first day of school for most students will be Wednesday, August 10 which is slightly earlier than normal.
Schools on the extended school year calendar will start two weeks earlier on Wednesday, July 27. The last day of school for all schools is May 25.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Video: Fight between two groups turns deadly in Albuquerque
- Top Story: Car drives through parade in Gallup; injuries now confirmed
- New Mexico: Bureau of Land Management asks for feedback on wild horse gather plan
- Crime: Deadly robbery suspect takes plea deal
- KRQE En Español: Jueves 4 de Agosto 2022
There are currently 20 APS elementary schools on the extended-year calendar: Armijo, Atrisco, Barcelona, Bellehaven, Bel-Air, Carlos Rey, Edward Gonzales, Emerson, Helen Cordero, Hawthorne, Kirtland, Kit Carson, Lavaland, Los Padillas, Lowell, Mountain View, Navajo, Pajarito, Tomasita, and Whittier
All other APS schools are on a traditional calendar. All holidays and breaks are the same.
The calendar was developed by a committee made up of principals, union representatives, and district administrators but community feedback was taken into consideration. For more information on APS calendars, visit aps.edu.