ALAMOGORDO, N.M. (KRQE) – Younger students in Alamogordo will soon be back in the classroom. Thursday, the Alamogordo Board of Education voted to begin re-entry for elementary students starting Monday, Oct. 19. Pre-K through 5th grade will begin a hybrid schedule.
Middle and high schools are still completely virtual as the governor has not allowed those grades to resume in-person learning. Still, the district says parents can choose whether or not they want their kids in the classroom and also say they’re exceeding guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control for safe classrooms.
Latest Education News:
- University of New Mexico one of three universities awarded research grant
- Albuquerque Public School P.E. teacher retires from teaching after 50 years of service
- Governor Lujan Grisham creates state Office of Special Education
- Albuquerque Public School Board approves record $2.16 billion budget
- NMSU students study at Google Tech Exchange