ALAMOGORDO, N.M. (KRQE) – Younger students in Alamogordo will soon be back in the classroom. Thursday, the Alamogordo Board of Education voted to begin re-entry for elementary students starting Monday, Oct. 19. Pre-K through 5th grade will begin a hybrid schedule.
Middle and high schools are still completely virtual as the governor has not allowed those grades to resume in-person learning. Still, the district says parents can choose whether or not they want their kids in the classroom and also say they’re exceeding guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control for safe classrooms.
Latest Education News:
- APS seeking input on proposed 2021-2022 calendar
- Rio Grande High School students find creative ways to give back to community
- PED workshops available to parents
- New Mexico Tech closes campus Monday after students defy health order
- PED warns rise in COVID-19 cases could close schools again