ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – An Albuquerque woman who deputies say admitted to stealing booze and other items for a party is behind bars. According to the criminal complaint, Jaszire Urioste tried shoplifting nearly $1,000 worth of merchandise from the Albertsons off Rio Bravo and Isleta on Saturday.
- Crime: Bernalillo County Sheriff releases video, details in fatal deputy shooting
- New Mexico: NMDOT worker killed on the job along Highway 285
- Sports: Holly Holm to be inducted into International Boxing Hall of Fame
- Weather: Snow, rain, and strong wind starting Wednesday
- KRQE En Español: Martes 7 de Diciembre 2021
However, she reportedly approached a Bernalillo County Sheriff’s deputy’s vehicle in the parking lot and came clean. The complaint states she admitted to taking a bottle of whiskey, cereal, make-up, and other items for a party that night.
She also said she initially had a shopping cart full of stolen goods but left it in the parking lot. She then gave the deputy a fake name and later, revealed she had a warrant for shoplifting. Urioste was charged with felony shoplifting and concealing her identity.