ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The man accused of murdering a University of New Mexico baseball player is asking a judge to be let out of jail after getting COVID-19. Police say Darian Bashir shot and killed Jackson Weller outside a bar in Nob Hill last year. Bashir is set to go to trial next month but now he’s asking a judge to reconsider his release.
According to a motion, Bashir’s lawyers say he contracted COVID-19 last month in MDC and now he says “he is at high risk of death if not released and allowed to seek medical attention.”
- Judge orders witness in Jackson Weller murder to testify
- Suspect in UNM baseball player’s murder claims bias, wants district attorney off case
- Accused murderer of UNM baseball player asking DA to be taken off case
- Suspect in UNM baseball player’s murder takes plea deal in separate case
- Police identify suspect accused of shooting UNM baseball player