TULAROSA, N.M. (KRQE) – Two people have now been charged with human smuggling after last week’s death of an immigrant in a U-Haul. Federal court documents state Alexis Lovato was driving and Cristian Mora-Hernandez was the passenger in the U-Haul transporting eight illegal immigrants.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Business: Albuquerque man vandalized brewery; tries to escape with meat and cheese
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 22 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
The U-Haul was pulled over by Tularosa police. There, they found one immigrant unresponsive, she was later pronounced dead. The immigrants said they were from Ecuador and Mexico. At this point, no one is charged in relation to the woman’s death.