Police say 16-year-old Nathan Peco and 19-year-old Alex Vallejos were part of a group that went to a house on Arno near Central and Coal in mid-March. One of the other suspects told police he had an issue with someone who lived there and the group was planning to rob the place.
Witnesses say gunfire quickly broke out and four people at the home were shot. One of them, Jeffrey Baca was killed.
Three other suspects, 18-year-old Nathaniel Hernandez, 19-year-old Rudy Orozco, and 20-year-old Anthony Lopez are being held behind bars until trial. The state is pushing to hold Peco and Vallejos as well.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- COVID-19 case by state, global statistics, maps
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites