ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Albuquerque Police Department has arrested a duo accused of an armed robbery spree in the metro. Alexis Abeyta and Adrian Aragon are charged with eight store robberies between January and April of this year.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
According to police, they targeted a South Valley Circle K at least four times and a South Valley Walgreens twice. Police say they also held up a Speedway on Coors and I-40. This is not the first time Abeyta and Aragon have been accused of targeting local businesses. They were among four people charged in 2016 for a series of thefts from the Latitudes convenience store in Rio Rancho but their charges were later dropped.
The state is now pushing to keep them behind bars until trial. No other information was provided.