According to court documents, Artesia police found nearly 30 men car racing in the parking lot of Harvest Fellowship Church in June. After being told to leave, police found an even larger gathering next to Martin Luther King Jr. Park, where closer to 200 people were racing again.
Investigators say 19-year-old Isiah Farmer used social media to promote the gatherings while 22-year-old Zachariah Mathews took responsibility for organizing the events. Both men were arrested late last month and charged with disorderly conduct and unlawful assembly.
- Dr. Scrase to provide COVID-19 modeling, reopening webinar update
- Crews put out fire behind Master Cleaners business in Nob Hill
- Italian restaurant takes anti-mask stance with ‘Godfather’ billboard
- Villagers re-elect mayor despite his death from COVID-19
- Shooting in southeast Albuquerque kills 1, injures 1