ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The mother of four-year-old James Dunklee Cruz and his alleged killer’s girlfriend are now facing charges in the boy’s death. The boy was killed at the Cinnamon Tree Apartments near Central and Louisiana back in 2019.
- Wrongful death lawsuit outlines horrific life events in James Dunklee case
- CYFD’s Broken System Part 1: The death of 4-yr-old James Dunklee
- Man still seeking answers in grandson’s death
- Arrest made in 2019 death of 4-year-old boy
- Albuquerque mother speaks out at vigil for 4-year-old son
- Family of deceased 4-year old boy questions home placement
He’s accused of beating Dunklee Cruz to death that day. Documents filed on Monday show Cruz and Marquez’s girlfriend Pamela Esparza are now facing charges including reckless child abuse resulting in death for allegedly allowing the abuse to take place.
Cruz and Esparza are expected in court next week.