ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Opening statements are underway in the trial of the man accused of shooting and killing a woman after a break-in. Morgan Quarles the third is charged with first-degree murder for the shooting near 2nd and Montanyo in 2017.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
Police say he went to the home with other men to get a car. The men allegedly broke into the home, and Quarles shot Janet Medina for not giving up the keys.
Medina’s friend was shot by another suspect. The men took off and were later arrested. The trial is expected to run into next week.